The Diploma in Accountancy in polytechnics, Ministry of Higher Education is designed to provide the future graduates with knowledge and skills with integrated educational experience in disciplines, areas and sub-areas of financial accounting, auditing, taxation and cost & management accounting as well as management knowledge, information technology, entrepreneurship and interpersonal development. The objective of this program is providing the accounting education at professional level to meet the demands of both the public and private sectors.
The aims of this programme is to equip the future graduates with accounting and management skills in business environment in order to build their careers in accountancy which encompass the entire spectrum of commercial and governmental activities as well as graduate education and lifelong learning. Each of the courses in the accounting programme includes rigorous education, examination, experience, interpersonal developments and ethics requirements. This programme is designed and benchmarked with the accounting professional bodies in Malaysia which is the Association of Chartered Certified Accountants (ACCA). Graduates will be awarded Diploma in Accountancy by the institution.
- Malaysian citizen
- Pass Bahasa Melayu, Pass English and Sejarah
- 3 credits in the following subjects:
- Mathematics and Additional Mathematics
- Any 2 other subjects
- English and Malay
Students graduating from this programme will be able to enter employment in any of the industries. The knowledge, skills and abilities that the students acquire from the programme will enable them to become:
• Assistant Accountant, account officer or assistant financial controller in public or private sector.
• Assistant Auditor in public and private sector or charted account.
• Tax Technician, assistant tax assessor in Inland Revenue, Tax Agent Firm and Tax Consultant Firm and In house Tax Department.
• Assistant Financial Advisor, Officer in financial institution and investment companies.
• Securities Agent and other related field.
• Better in career advancement in terms of furthering studies in the higher learning institutions and professional body.